Shape Throwing

For some reason the other day I had a desire to throw some shapes and yet had no dancefloor and no-one to groove with, alas. I told my friend Richard about the problem, and his response is worthy of a mention here, I feel:

'JP, you gotta keep the music alive, man. Even if that means dancing to an empty room!'

You'll probably be relieved to know that I didn't resort to dancing to an empty room but I did enjoy my Latin Dancing Class yesterday evening. We learnt the jive, which was cool - however it did take me until the end of the class to master it unfortunately.

On another note I am pleased to see that David Cameron has topped the second round of the Conservative Party Leader contest; he is my favourite candidate. The fact that he studied at the Kings Hall and College of Brasenose might or might not be a factor in this but I have actually been impressed by the way he has dealt with some difficult questions recently. I hope that I am right when I feel that he is perhaps more trustworthy than some. As I have said before, honesty is always important.

Incidentally, if Cameron wins the contest and if he becomes the next PM it will continue the trend that all the Prime Ministers since the beginning of the last century who went to university studied here in Oxford.

Comments

Anonymous said…
in fact the prime ministers below
all went to cambridge in the 19/20th century

Arthur Balfour (Trinity) Prime Minister 1902-1905
Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Trinity) Prime Minister 1905-1908
Stanley Baldwin (Trinity) 1923-1924, 1924-1929, 1935-1937

please correct your blog

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

och, I'm back

another rant at the jobsworths in the council (a post which does exactly what it says on the tin)