It's All Greek to Me

Yesterday, after dithering for ages about how I would spend my evening I accompanied a friend to see another friend in Orestes at the Oxford Playhouse. It was in Ancient Greek with English Surtitles (too small for me to read comfortably, alas, but I managed). Not only did it make me feel very cultured, but I really enjoyed it and was genuinely impressed with the talented acting.

In a random turn of events I also wound up at the after-show cast party, which was quite fun. There's just something about 'gate-crashing a cast party' which sounds cool, even though I was actually invited.

I also learnt about Facebook last night - evidently the fact that I'd never heard of it let alone signed up is something to be pitied. Hmmm.

Thanks to all who've responded to my postcard competition - I've got a few cards on the board now and I'm very pleased. Keep them coming...

Now to watch Sam on Leeds Student TV.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Woohoo, I get a mention in the famous blog! :)
Anonymous said…
Actually I've been mentioned twice if this is going to be a competitive thing.
Anonymous said…
I went to Orestes and I randomly got invited to a cast party afterwards. Spooky.

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

och, I'm back

another rant at the jobsworths in the council (a post which does exactly what it says on the tin)