Only In Oxford...

I love being in Oxford. I love the random events and traditions and the slightly 'detached from the real world' feel to student life here. I was thinking about this last night when I walked through town in a suit and gown, carrying half a bottle of wine and no-one batted an eyelid.

This morning I had one of those experiences which could only really happen in Oxford. I was in college - in the JCR no less - and the Bishop of Lincoln came in. Why was he there? Because he's officially the 'Visitor of the College'. As yesterday's Chapel notice sheet put it, "The Bishop of Lincoln (Visitor of the College) will be visiting college tomorrow". Obviously it was perceived that there was no need for elaboration. I however am intriuged, and aim to find out more about why the Bishop is 'Visitor of the College' in due course.

It's been a quality weekend, with visits from many big names. Term has now officially started however, and the work must begin...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

och, I'm back

another rant at the jobsworths in the council (a post which does exactly what it says on the tin)