Sumburgh (or 'On feeling a bit of deja vu')

Those of you who have been through my archives from July 2006 will know that I blogged about my experiences of being stuck in Sumburgh airport.  When I arrived at lunch time today, things were looking quite good. Unlike last time, we could see the runway as we drove across it. I didn't get thrown out of the terminal for trying to go in before the airport was open. Flights are actually operating...

...but not my one.  The ash cloud (the 'mythical ash cloud' if you believe Michael O'Leary) has led to Loganair/Flybe not providing an aircraft. So I am second in line for a space on an Aberdeen flight should one of the other passengers not turn up. But with only 34 seats on the plane, the maths isn't looking good. Still, I've enjoyed the good weather I prayed for against the odds, so it's not over yet. And at least I can see out of the windows in the terminal this time...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues

och, I'm back