On having the wrong number

The phone at my desk rang this morning.  This rarely happens, and so it was a brief moment of excitement.  In case you were worried, however, this is not the dullest blog in the world and so there is more to the story than that.  I answered the phone, for a start.

The conversation went something like this:

Me: “Hello?”

Woman at other end: “Have I got the wrong number?”

Me: “I don’t know, that depends on who you want to speak to.”

Woman: “I was hoping to speak to someone at the University.”

Me: “This is the University Transport Research Group.”

Woman: “Oh, I wanted the temp bank.”

If I’m honest, this was not a great demonstration of the sort of skill-set someone trying to get a temporary job might be expected to possess.

I don’t want to leave you feeling disappointed, so if you didn’t find this little ‘wrong number’ anecdote as funny as you’d hoped, or are still in need of further post-Bank Holiday procrastination, may I recommend a bit of Michael MacIntyre on YouTube.

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues

och, I'm back