Tea at The Vicarage

Living in a Vicarage, as I have been doing for the last couple of days, is an interesting experience.

The phone never stops ringing for a start, and neither does the doorbell. There seems to be much activity in the parish and it's hard to look out of the window and not see someone I know. Quite often the parishoners wish to make use of the garden for one function or another and I have found that there is a certain amount of expectation that because I am around I will help out. I don't usually mind helping out, of course, but the rather liberal use of our garden means that I will never sunbathe nude for fear of who might come through the gate next. Apologies for the palpable disappointment that that will cause some of you.

Earlier in the week we had a group of people from our old church come and visit us for tea. It was a wonderful afternoon but in it's own way quite surreal. I don't know about you but normally when I've had people over for tea they've never arrived by coach, let alone one as big as the one which brought this group. I've posted a photo below because a) I can and b) it brings a new sense of scale to the idea of "having a few visitors".




Bus from St Nic's Visit
Originally uploaded by JP1984.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues

Ignorance Is Bliss?