Shetland: In the Remote Part

The song title for this post is the most relevant yet; it describes my location well, and is by a Scottish group to boot.

This post was going to come to you a few days ago from a B&B/Croft on a remote peninsula on the Shetland Mainlaind, but the reliability of the Vodafone email server (poor, despite good GPRS coverage) coupled with days packed with better things to do than blog means that I've got a bit behind with my diary.

Anyway, I now have all the time in the world to ramble about my trip so far because I am fog-bound at Sumburgh Airport with no idea when and how I will leave the Shetlands. Apparently fog affects the flights here all the time in the summer, so I am a little bit annoyed that there were no warnings about this when booking, and no information on the Tourist Website under the 'Getting Here' section. The announcement has just been given that our flight is still delayed, with the next update due in an hour. At this rate I'll be on the boat to Aberdeen overnight tonight; and I could have planned to do that myself (probably) for less money than my flight and certainly I'd have been able to arrange my schedule better to suit my plans.

Hey ho. Once again 'In the Remote Part' feels quite apt.

On a more positive note, Sumburgh does have a 'prayer room' in which I have been able to catch up with my Bible reading and take some space . As a result I am feeling quite buoyant and I will now write another post reflecting on the highlights of the last week (which has just been fantastic).

Comments

Anonymous said…
To be precise the song is called "In Remote Part", not "In The Remote Part". I fear you're bending the rules of song title usage.

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues

Ignorance Is Bliss?