Cyprus: Day One in the Big Brother House...


DSCF0119
Originally uploaded by JP1984.

...well, not quite. The villa in which I currently reside might be isolated from the outside world, and possess an open plan living area with breakfast bar and a swimming pool, but the similarities end there. Probably just as well.

Anyway, I have arrived on the beautiful island of Cyprus and although I don't have internet access, I do have my trusty PDA and - as any aspiring travel writer should - I have decided to record some of my thoughts for uploading on my return.

The journey was a bit of an epic, but not unpleasant. I might write about it in another post, but for now I'll pick up from when we arrived at Zouk, the new cafe-bar on the waterfront in the local village. It was about midnight, and the place was buzzing with locals. Theo, the villa owner appeared and bought us drinks and a pizza (not traditional Cypriot cuisine, I know, but it was amazing nonetheless) before taking us up the hill to the villa. I got to ride in his (black) BMW 6-Series, at speed. Sweet.

So, we arrived. Not at the villa we thought we were having, but instead in something of a mansion with four en-suite bedrooms. And an ice-dispenser built in to the fridge. What more does a man need?

I'll pen my thoughts if and when I have the time to write them, and I'm sure there will be a lot to say about this holiday...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues

och, I'm back