Return of the Mack

You knew that I’d be back.

Spread the word. I have returned from a fantastic couple of weeks in Cyprus, and I am feeling very rested, despite not arriving home until some unearthly hour of the morning.

Because I enjoy writing, I kept some form of diary – which you will find in the preceding posts. If my aspirations get involved in travel writing go get anywhere, material may also get published on bethejam. I’d highly recommend a visit to the site, and keen readers will already find one article of mine which has been published.

I have to get packed for my next trip (to Shetland – watch this space) and I’m also going out shortly to an annual family BBQ, which will be fun. Before I go, however I would like to have a rant or two about some people I encountered on my flight home.

1) Airline stewardesses
- what is it with their constant misuse of the reflexive pronoun? If you don’t know what I am getting at, please leave a comment for myself at the end of this post.

2) The club class passengers
- honestly, some people. How hard is it to obey the instruction “please return your seat to the upright position during the meal”? The couple in front of me couldn’t manage it, and neither could the woman opposite. Fortunately, Sam had once again wangled de-restricted club seats, and so I still had ample space, but that’s not the point. The woman opposite also deserves a special mention for having to be asked more than once by the cabin crew to move her seat when the poor lady behind fainted. And for someone who’d apparently just been on holiday she looked unbelievably grumpy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

och, I'm back

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues