A race against time

On my way home from Edinburgh on Tuesday I needed to cross London from Kings Cross to Victoria. There was plenty of time until the train I was due to get, but I wanted to get an earlier one - which left 18 mins after arrival in to Kings Cross.

It was the most frustrating journey - I arrived on the Underground platform as a train pulled out and then arrived on my platform at Victoria as the train doors shut. The man 10 seconds in front of me made it, and if this wasn't a Corner of the Blogosphere for the whole family I might not be too complementary about him. So, half an hour to kill time at Victoria it was.

"Exciting" I here you say sarcastically. Worryingly it may actually be more exciting than some of my more recent posts but let's gloss over that and let me get to the point of this post.

I am once again on a train in to Kings Cross. Once again I will have 18 minutes to catch a train out of Victoria, and this time the stakes are higher as the next one is an hour later. With a less frequent Tube service than I had in the rush hour on Tuesday it's bound to be close. Check back soon to see how I get on...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues

och, I'm back