Another Pet Hate

When travelling on public transport it is important to consider others and have a bit of social awareness. The man with his MP3 player in my coach on the way back in to London yesterday clearly lacked such skills. He was sat some way away from me, and yet I could still hear the tinny drum beat over and above what I was listening to on my MiniDisc player (and yes I know that an MD player is so 1990's but that's an aside).

Honestly, it drove me mad, and I was on the verge of going over and asking him to turn it down. Quite how those sat closer to him managed not to strangle him is beyond me.

I would say that such people shouldn't be allowed on the train but then they'd all end up on the bus, which has to be endured from time to time as well. Such as when I took the dreaded X5 to Cambridge. This time the bloke behind with his headphones on full volume was competing with the portable speakers belonging to the girl in front. It was very kind of her to share her music with the other passengers, but I'm afraid that I am not a hip-hop fan.

Interestingly these social rejects boarded the bus at Milton Keynes, which made me wonder if there is actually a lot of truth behind the stereotypes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

och, I'm back

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues