These Days

I've been catching up with a lot of friends recently, and it's been great to learn that my corner of the Blogosphere does indeed have visitors; thanks guys! Apologies for the slight lack of postings recently, but it's one of those times where lots is going on and I lack anything in the way of a routine.

Last week I enjoyed a day back in Oxford, which was quality. I'd had enough of a break from the place to really appreciate it again when I was back. It just seems to attract the beautifully random and highlights of my day included seeing my scout, my notetaker and lunching with a friend who somehow has earned himself the nickname 'Skittles'.

This weekend was my aunt and uncle's Silver Wedding celebration, and they had decided to get the entire family together. This included such relatives as my dad's cousin's children and other such random relations and it was a fantastic day, even if I was completely confused as to where everyone fitted in.

As a result of the family gathering my great aunt has been staying with us. Having a great aunt is cool as it is, but my great aunt (from Scotland, no less) is truly a legend. Not one to mince her words she's been a lot of fun to have around the house.

To end with, I think it's time for another musical reference. I'm sure those of you whose musical taste includes Bon Jovi will agree that their album 'These Days' must surely be considered the best they've produced to date; it's just one of those albums where some of the lyrics and the themes can at times be really relevant and I've decided that it deserves a mention. Nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues

Ignorance Is Bliss?