If You Were There...

...you'd know what on Earth possessed me to buy The Best of Wham CD. I bought it a long time ago and found it during my epic clear-out. To add insult to injury, the sticker on the box implies I parted with £16.99 for it. Ouch.

On the subject of music, I made a rather more successful purchase the other day when I picked up the best of Van Halen double CD for just £6.29. Bargain.

Despite being very '80's' in places I'm very pleased with it. Eddie Van Halen pioneered various guitar techniques and some of the guitar parts are sublime. The album also contains such classics as 'Ain't Talking 'bout Love', with its catchy riff.

Incidentally this particular song is about casual sex, and I was amused by the person who'd commented on SongFacts.com saying "I wish I'd known the theme before I had it as the first song at my wedding dance". Hmm.

Currently I'm enjoying a relaxing few days in Wales. The weather might be lousy, but it's good to get away. It's thanks to my phone that I can update my blog, but this does mean no weblinks and a higher chance of mistakes.

Do any of you contact lens wearers out there know where I can buy a barrel-style case which doesn't leak? I bought a new one from Boots just a few days ago and the seal has already broken to the extent that putting it in my pocket usually results in what looks like an embarrassing accident.

I want to end on a more serious note and say that those involved in London yesterday are in my thoughts and prayers. As the Tim Hughes track playing in the background has just reminded me "He's got the whole world in his hands". Somehow we've got to trust and hold on to that...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

och, I'm back

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues