More traumatic than the Take That saga

It was with great sadness that I learnt yesterday that Steve have split up. They were truly a class act live, and nothing has so far topped them on JP's list of 'best names for a band'.

They say however that every cloud has a sliver lining, and one bit of good news is that - as was so brilliantly pointed out to me - if they were to get back together they would be Reformed Steve.

Some of you will hopefully share the laughter, but I do apologise for using an 'in joke' when so many of you will wonder what is funny about it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Reformed Steve. Banter.
Anonymous said…
*scratches head in confusion*
KDG said…
I love the way you go so far as to say "Some of you will hopefully share the laughter, but I do apologise for using an 'in joke' when so many of you will wonder what is funny about it." and then just end the blog without actually explaining the joke. Only in Oxford!
JP... said…
The problem is that if I did explain the joke - as I will shortly do - no-one outside my little Oxford bubble would find it funny anyway, which is why I didn't bother first time round. I just wanted to get the point across that I wasn't just being pointlessly cryptic and incomprehensible, as within a small circle in Oxford it was funny enough to make it blogworthy.

Basically, we know someone in Oxford who is called 'Reformed Steve'. Obviously if the band Steve reformed they would also be 'Reformed Steve'. Boom Boom.

The fact that it was hilariously funny makes me wonder if there is something in the infamously poor quality air here.
KDG said…
I never knew the whole joke making process was so complex...

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues

och, I'm back