Oh Look - A Flying Pig

I read with amusement an article on the BBC News Page entitled 'Prescott is 'excellent' deputy PM'.

Hilary Benn, who appears to have made the hilarious statement is obviously very out of touch. Either that or he is a very clever man knowing that there are enough muppets in this country who will take it at face value and once again vote the tyrants in.

I want to know what John Prescott has done that is any way beneficial. And let's face it, if he is an excellent deputy PM we're all doomed if we get one who is merely 'good'.

'"The European Trade Commissioner told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "All I would say about John is that he is a party man to his fingertips and, whatever he does, he'll do what's in the party's interest I'm sure - not his own."'

With this in mind can someone please offer me a easonable explanation as to how - amongst other things - being exposed for dodging council tax and having an affair with his secretary is "in the party's interest"?

Maybe the latter example is a case of 'vote for us and there'll be hope for fat ugly people everywhere'.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Prescott-bashing is all very well, but don't you think the British media is obsessed with pointless political posturing when rather more serious events are happening in the rest of the world? Typified by the Mail on Sunday devoting its front page to JP playing croquet when over 4000 people died in the Indonesian earthquake the previous day.
Anonymous said…
Sleeping with his secretary shows that the party are in favour of friendly relations in the workplace.
Anonymous said…
Well if over 4000 people died in an earthquake then surely JP, the deputy PM should be doing something about, rather than indulging his working class hobbies of cigar smoking, Pimms drinking and croquet playing in the ground of the Dorneywood estate?
Anonymous said…
Apparently he was with the other members of his office (who let him win - bless!) so that counts as 'working'. Can anyone apply for this 'job' and if so, where do I get an application form?
MA
JP... said…
I think Dobbin has a fair point, in that the media should have seen things in perspective much more and focussed on the more important issues.

However I will not let this stop me from Prescott bashing; I feel that I could sit tight and go with the "excellent Deputy PM" line or I could voice my opinion. Voicing an opinion is vital so that was the more appealing option.
Anonymous said…
My Mum has met Hilary Benn several times. She said he is a terribly nice chap. That is all.

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues

Ignorance Is Bliss?