Shop Signs and Incense

I saw two signs which amused (or at least puzzled me) when I was out shopping earlier.

Firstly, as I walked in to Debenhams I was confronted with a wall mounted phone accompanied by the sign "if you want a job with Debenhams, pick up this phone". Innovative, but despite the novelty I couldn't bring myself to do it. Maybe that's because I don't want to work in Debenhams.

Secondly I was in Next and was confronted at the cash desk by a big notice about the fact that it was illegal to sell intoxicating liquour to anyone under 18 or to anyone buying on behalf of someone under 18. Nothing wrong with that per se, but I now challenge someone who IS over 18 to purchase a bottle of 'intoxicating liquor' from Next.

Then I wandered down Cornmarket and was accosted by a very spaced out dude trying to sell me some packets of something. "Pick a packet. Any Packet. It's all pure incense".

Tempted I was not.

Comments

Anthropax said…
You could have picked up some cheap for your thurifer!

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues

Ignorance Is Bliss?