Out & About (again) Part 2

Somebody recently seemed to think that I have a reputation for meeting (strange) people on a train. They are wrong and somewhat misguided, as I have never met anyone for the first time on a train - strange or otherwise.

It could have all changed this morning however when a very attractive young lady got on at Horsham and sat opposite me. Things proceeded thus:

She smiled at me.
I smiled back.
I continued reading
She looked out of the window/did her make up.
She smiled at me.
I smiled back.
[repeated numerous times until I got off the train].

She really did smile at me an inordinate amount of times, but surprising as it may seem to those of you who know me, I didn't say a word, let alone strike up a conversation. All that the episode has resulted in therefore is a rather pointless blog entry and a continuing tally of zero people met on a train.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's all about talking to randoms on trains, or general public transport. Or in toilets if you're a girl. I've met many people that way.
Anonymous said…
What were you reading James???!!!
Now Thats What I Call The Most Interesting Book In The World Ever?
Although she must've looked quite tarty after she put all that make-up on.
Can anyone answer why women put on make-up on the train? It seems far too bumpy for such a delicate operation.
JP... said…
"Now Thats What I Call The Most Interesting Book In The World Ever?"

Yes. I was reading my Bible and some accompanying notes entitled 'Encounter With God'.

"Although she must've looked quite tarty after she put all that make-up on."

Surprisingly, she didn't. If she did I doubt I'd have paid too much attention.

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues

Ignorance Is Bliss?