Murder Mystery?

I've only been back in Oxford a day or two and it might not surprise you to know that I have already unearthed something to blog about.

Rumours are afoot that the occupant of one of the ground floor rooms in college has been unable to move back in because human bones were discovered under the floorboards over the Easter break. Even Josh nearly fell off the bench at dinner time when we broke the news. The details are quite sketchy but I understand that forensic teams have been in to try and glean some more information. There has been some discussion as to whether the bones would have been buried over 500 years ago before the building was built or whether they are younger than that and have somehow found their way in since. Watch this space...

Meanwhile I have been buried in my favourite library - All Souls - attempting to revise for the dreaded collections (that's "college exams" for you non-Oxford types) at the end of the week. Euch. Expect a lower frequency of posts until I've got through them.

I'd best get back to it, I guess. Incidentally I was very pleased to learn earlier that I have some new readers. It does my ego no end of good.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's my theory that the body, being under my history tutor's staircase, is actually the body of someone who didn't pass Classics mods. My maegre, but substantial, grade is looking more pleasing by the minute.

Also, All Souls library kicks ass.

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues

Ignorance Is Bliss?