Strange Sightings In The Streets of Oxford

This is a "does exactly what it says on the tin" sort of post. I am going to write about a couple of strange things I have seen in Oxford's streets in the last couple of days.

Firstly I was walking down towards Oriel Square yesterday, as you do, and a guy came out of one of the buildings on the little side street. Nothing unusual with that. Neither was there anything unusual about most of what he was wearing (combats and some sort of sweater, typical of a student) or carrying (a bag, as if he was off to the library or a lecture). What set him apart however was the fact that he was also sporting multi-coloured fairy wings. I kid you not. And if that wasn't strange enough, no-one else in the street seemed the least bit taken aback and didn't so much as bat an eyelid.

Then, this morning, I was en route to college and I saw a supermarket trolley in the street. Again, nothing unusual with that. Or was there? As I passed it, I noticed that it was not any old supermarket trolley, but a Waitrose supermarket trolley. Why should that be surprising, I hear you ask? Well, Oxford doesn't have a Waitrose, and the nearest one is probably the one in Abingdon. So, this means that whoever left the trolley in Brasenose Lane had somehow transported it quite some distance to put it there. Given that even an express bus takes 15 minutes down the A34 to Abingdon, it is quite some feat, and something of a mystery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues

Ignorance Is Bliss?