And I'd always thought that Edwina Currie was misguided

Recently a group of us were talking about recent Tory party leaders, and one of the girls who was present voiced her support for John Major - because "he is quite sexy", apparently.

This revelation took me by surprise somewhat because, well, it's John Major. 'Mr Grey'. I know that some girls evidently go for older men, but I can't see that our last Tory PM has any defining qualities whatsoever. My friend tried to defend herself by reminding me that Edwina Currie fell for him, but that didn't really wash. It's, well, Edwina Currie.

But then I reminded myself that women are rarely understandable. There's the whole shoe thing, for a start. I'll save voicing my opinions on that for another time, but really, what's with that? Back to the issue in hand, it could be possible that most women find John Major attractive and Edwina Currie is the only one who has publicly admitted it. Does anyone wish to share their opinion on the matter?

I await your comments with interest, but for now I shall end this post and move on before I dig myself deeper and come to the conclusion that I might be less sexy than Sir John.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues

Ignorance Is Bliss?