New House, New Blog

Well, "New House, Updated Blog", anyway - but that wouldn't have fitted as well.

Greetings from Billingshurst, where my family has now taken up residence. The new house is lovely, and despite the plethora of still to be unpacked boxes and an inability to find anything quickly I'm settling in well. The house has been redecorated and it's lovely; I think in the past I've been known to describe the upstairs as 'a bit poky' but I would like to take that back.

Billingshurst itself is quite small, but has grown rapidly over the last couple of years. It seems pleasant enough and everything is within easy walking distance. It has its share of take-aways, charity shops, Barbers competing for bad names (Leonardo's and Blades, "the cutting edge"...), and its very own Budgens. It also seems to have a good selection of pubs, and I'm amused by the fact that the Kings Head is at the opposite end of the street from the Kings Arms. (Oh hilarious, I hear you jest sarcastically - well, I'm tired so that's all the humour you're getting).

As you can see, my corner of the Blogosphere has had a bit of a makeover - this is in response to a comment that white on black is not the easiest on the eye. Given that I suffer from eye problems myself you'd have thought I'd have picked up on this, but I only write it after all and leave the reading to others. The new scheme should be better, and I think it looks rather nice; I hope that you like it as well. I have also recently added a hit counter, just so that I can gain some statistics about my visitors. As per usual, comments, suggestions or general greetings would be most welcome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues

och, I'm back