test results

As I promised just a moment ago, it's time to return to the theory I was testing.

That theory was, quite simply, that "everyone has an Uncle John". However, even in the spirit with which it was meant ("most people have an Uncle John"), my poll has proven me wrong. Even if you present the figures in a big way ("47.36% of people have an Uncle John"), they just don't back up my hypothesis.

If I am honest, there was no basis at all for my hypothesis save for the fact that I know a lot of people who have an Uncle John*. I even have an Uncle called John myself.

Basis or no basis, however, I still have to admit that I was wrong. Better luck next time, as they say.

>>

*one of my friends must, I'm sure, have several Uncles called John

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues

Ignorance Is Bliss?