New York Transvestites

Who's heard of "Walk on The Wild Side" by Lou Reed? It's a classic 70's track containing such lines as " Shaved her legs and then he was a she" and "And the colored girls say, doo do doo do doo do do doo" which is probably not very politically correct but if you've heard the song it's all quite funny.

Anyway, I heard it for the first time in ages whilst visiting a mate on Monday, and decided to download it from tescodownload.com, expanding my eclectic music collection yet further. Listening to it closely however I became intrigued by the meaning of the lyrics. It's probably actually quite obvious, but being naive I did a Google search, and Songfacts.com informs me that
"This is about transvestites who come to New York City and become prostitutes. "Take a walk on the wild side" is what they say to potential customers."

So there you go...I still think it's a cool song however.

And on that happy note I'd best go and write up my computing project.

Comments

KDG said…
"She never lost her head, even when she was giving head"

Jon Bon Jovi esque!

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues

och, I'm back