"True to form where you and bikes are concerned"

My title today reflects my friend Harry's reaction to my latest disaster -
half of my bike-lock key remains in the lock leaving me in the unenviable
position of working out how to steal my own bike. Fortunately I was
visiting friends and the bike was not locked to anything fixed, but it is
still a big and quite depressing problem.

That aside however, life is good. I am starting to really like Bath. I
like the fact that I have a desk and computer in the MSc room. I like the
fact that the CU is lively and ecumenical. I like the 50m swimming pool on
campus, which is free for students. I like the way people put washing up
liquid in the fountain in Great Pulteney Street making it go all foamy.

I don't like the buses (and cannot therefore understand Mugford's love of
them) but I am slowly getting used to them. Slowly being the operative
word.

I still miss poncing around in a gown.

Comments

Rachael said…
I'm glad other people put washing up liquid in fountains, I was beginning to think it was only the poor children living in Egham!! only now they've taken the water out of the fountain!!!
Anonymous said…
They do that in Manchester too - the big tap things in front of the Triangle. It's great fun.

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues

och, I'm back