Friday, October 13, 2006

The Russians are Invading

The Mathematics Department here seems to have a reasonable quota of Russian lecturers, one of whom teaches me in two modules. I was amused to note that when he was abroad his lectures were taken in each case by a "good friend and colleague" who was also Russian.

The lecturer in question is it has to be said something of a legend, with his sense of humour, and comedy accent. What really amused me last week however was an email he sent around - it turns out he writes like he speaks.

I quote:

"[please attempt] Questions 1-4 of the Sheet 1. (If you've missed a shit a few more copies are in my doorfolder, 1W 3.18)."

So there you have it. Mathematics tuition and relief from constipation all in one.

1 comment:

Dave Gill said...

My new Ukranian electronics lecturer keeps talking about woltage. I can't remember any of this funnies though, but we've had some with spelling.