The Russians are Invading

The Mathematics Department here seems to have a reasonable quota of Russian lecturers, one of whom teaches me in two modules. I was amused to note that when he was abroad his lectures were taken in each case by a "good friend and colleague" who was also Russian.

The lecturer in question is it has to be said something of a legend, with his sense of humour, and comedy accent. What really amused me last week however was an email he sent around - it turns out he writes like he speaks.

I quote:

"[please attempt] Questions 1-4 of the Sheet 1. (If you've missed a shit a few more copies are in my doorfolder, 1W 3.18)."

So there you have it. Mathematics tuition and relief from constipation all in one.

Comments

Anonymous said…
My new Ukranian electronics lecturer keeps talking about woltage. I can't remember any of this funnies though, but we've had some with spelling.

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues

Ignorance Is Bliss?