Showtime

Today for the first time in a couple of years I paid a visit to the annual Newbury Show, and I'm pleased to report that I had a quality day. It bought back many happy memories of family days spent there when I was much younger.

Amidst the abundance of budget clothing outlets and greasy fast food trailers there was a lot to see and do. I saw lizards, snakes, owls and waterbuffalo, and enjoyed the parade of cattle. I bought a cactus and enjoyed a free ride around a 4x4 track in a Ford Ranger pickup. I saw a team parachute drop and I enjoyed sampling the delights on offer in the food tent (once I'd realised there was more to sample than organic mueseli). Another good thing I enjoyed about the Newbury Show was the fact that it's a good place to bump in to people you know (if you know people who also attend the show, of course).

Random moment of the day has to be whilst I was visiting one of the car stands. As I was walking past one of the saloon cars, another visitor appeared to point to a plastic fitment in the boot, and asked a salesman what it was for. The salesman in question responded with "it's for the ladies, sir...". If you have any idea what might have been in the boot of said car please put me out of my misery and comment below.

Moving on, following my rather geeky post of yesterday I would like to announce that my 'non-use of Linux period' is over. Windows XP singlehandedly failed to do what I asked of it, and even brought down the home network in the process of trying. Fortunately I've been able to borrow a computer which can cope with all of my Linux needs, and all is rosy in the garden once more.

Expensive (Microsoft) Software 0 - Free (Open Source Software) 1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues

Ignorance Is Bliss?