Live from Castle Combe

This posting comes to you live from Castle Combe racetrack, where my cousin and uncle are hosting one of their trackdays. They both have Caterham 7s and they've very kindly taken me out for some fast laps. Caterhams are quite something anyway, but my cousin's is devoid of windscreen, doors and a passenger seat. Fortunately, patio chair cushions and a 5point racing harness kept me secure and comfortable, seat or not.

Thanks must also go to the dude who's just taken me out in his Honda S2000. Despite not being as stripped down as a Caterham it was still really exhilerating-it revs to 9000rpm! And tailing an original M3, also pushing it hard was quite something.

Aside from some Caterhams, an original M3 and a couple of S2000s there are a few more sets of tasty wheels around, including a tuned Datsun 240Z and an original Audi RS Estate. Someone has also turned up in a Ferarri, but evidently doesn't plan to put in on the track. What's the point in spending all that money if it's only a pose-mobile?

Amongst the excitement there have sadly been two minor casualties. Firstly there was the woman who spun her Caterham; she was fine but her car sustained a bit of damage (ironically there was a sticker on the damaged mudguard for www.crash.net). And secondly there was the bug which juiced itself on the visor of my helmet whilst I was being driven by my cousin at speed. Nice.

And now to sign off - some more fast Caterham laps await me :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues

Ignorance Is Bliss?