Britain News Page standards slip

The other day I commented on the wording of one of the headlines on the front page of the BBC News Page.  Today I have spotted another one I’d like to pass comment on.

If you navigate to this article, you will see that the headline - “Naoto Kan becomes Japan's new prime minister” – is fine.  Nothing sensational, but at least it’s grammatically correct.

Sadly, the same cannot be said of the link to the article from the main page, which reads “New Japan PM pledges fresh start.”

It’s a subtle thing, but an important one nonetheless.  Maybe I’m showing my age, but I’m a stickler for correct grammar.

If your unable to see what myself is on about, don’t worry about it. Just don’t pretend that your A Grade English Language GCSE is worth anything.

Comments

Gareth P said…
Saucer of milk for one please....
Unknown said…
you are invited to follow my blog

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues

Ignorance Is Bliss?