TGIWTP: In the beginning…

08032009473 

08032009474

As you might have gathered from the previous post, the first step to growing your own Insect Watertrap is to place a tablet of compost in to a cup of water and wait for it to swell up.  The lack of drama was disappointing, but after a short while there was some evidence of swelling – as you can see in the first photograph.

With hindsight I possibly should have had a bit more patience and waited a bit longer, but me being me I moved on to the next instruction:

“when [the tablet] is fully saturated, crumble it into the pot until full.”

This was more challenging than you might have reasonably thought, as demonstrated by the second photograph.  The tablet did not crumble easily at first.  It appeared to have an outer layer much like a teabag, the remains of which can be seen on the table between the cup and the pot.  If you look closely, you will see that I had to hurriedly place the pot on a saucer, and there was a great deal of what one might call saturation.  I’m not entirely sure how things worked out like this, but I think I began to crumble the tablet above the water and had to deal with the floating compost.

Anyway, all’s well that end’s well.  I cleared up the mess and had a full pot of compost.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues

Ignorance Is Bliss?