on being Dave Gorman

Following my usual tradition of posting like buses ("you wait ages and then they all come at once") I was surprised to log on the other day and find that I had apparently sent myself a 'Friend Request' on Facebook.

Except of course that I hadn't. It was instead someone who is fortunate enough to share my name.

So, now I have one 'friend' with the same name as me. Perhaps I should take a leaf out of Dave Gorman's book and find a few more, before writing a book about my escapdes. The thing is however, Dave's book (Are You Dave Gorman?) was written in the pre-Facebook era when finding someone of the same name involved calls to strangers in the phone book, sandwich boards, specially printed T-Shirts and trips to Israel. I may be wrong, but I'm not sure that sitting in front of the computer searching Facebook would make for quite as interesting reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues

och, I'm back