Random Ramblings

Hello folks.

Sorry that my blogging skills have been a bit pants this week; no real excuses I'm afraid. Tomorrow I am going to help for a week on a kids' camp in Norfolk, which will be fun. I'm really looking forward to it but reading through the leader's booklet has made it dawn on me that I am going to have to be responsible - for some 9-14 year olds. Argh. It's quite likely that I will be completely out of contact so I'm afraid that this posting could just be an oasis in the lack of postings desert. Do keep checking though in case I do find an opportunity to share my thoughts next week, and I promise that regular postings will recommence on my return.

Before I go however, I have a few things to post about.

Did anyone see Danny Wallace's "How to Start Your Own Country" on BBC 2 on Wednesday? I thought it was great personally; highlights included a trip to 'Sealand' - an independant state on an old military fort in the North Sea - and an invasion of Eel Pie Island in the River Thames (peaceful of course). Danny really is a man after my own heart, and I'm very jealous of him because he spends his life doing cool things such as travelling the world to meet people called Dave Gorman or starting a cult or a country and gets paid to write books about it.

I read on the BBC News page that one new blog is created every second. Wow the Blogosphere is expanding rapidly. I came across a new blog this week, actually, and it's one of the best I have read yet. Written by my friend Rachel, ShoutsOfJoy is very funny and is well worth a visit.

I am disappointed that no-one has yet answered my question of sport. I know it's one of those 'really puzzling questions without a definite answer' but somebody out there must at least have an opinion. On the subject of 'really puzzling questions without a definite answer' I have another one for you. One of the songs I really like by The Killers is 'Somebody Told Me', which contains the lyric "Somebody told me that you had a boyfriend who looked like a girlfriend that I had in February of last year". I've always wondered if this is more insulting to the boyfriend or girlfriend in question. Opnions please.

Oh, and whilst I'm asking questions, here's one for those of you who know something about bikes. I'm looking at getting a lightwight hybrid bike which I can use for touring and I was wondering what people think of Giant and Claud Butler as brands. Thanks.

Anyway, I'd best go get packed.

Bye for now.

Comments

Anthropax said…
As as member of said 'cult', I would have to agree! Danny is fantastic - have you seen his new book, The Yes Man? It's truely uplifting, something you may need after a weekend of tweenagers!
Anonymous said…
james - i've had the CB all the time i've been in oxford, with no serious troubles. Solidly built - mines a 'pinelake' or somesuch.

shucksmith

Popular posts from this blog

the purpose of religion

atheism is a matter of faith, not science: the debate continues

och, I'm back